At Streetspace we offer great opportunities to build your career. You will be joining a fast growing business with a package includes a competitive salary and benefits such as 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, ongoing training and development with internal promotional opportunities.
Ready to join an ambitious and driven team? With our expanding operations, we are regularly recruiting for new roles within the business covering a wide range of vocations, so keep checking this page for updates and let us know when something matches your skills!
We always welcome new applications from hardworking and talented individuals. If you feel your skillset could align with any of our vacancies below, or you would like to speculatively apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that we will store CVs for 6 months.
Wondering what it’s like to work at Streetspace? We asked some of our colleagues to describe the team here in 3 words!
HGV Class 1 Moffett Driver
£17.00/hr – £19.50/hr
We are looking for a Class 1 Moffett Driver to join our team based in Lympne, delivering steel frame components, manufactured products, plant and construction materials from our East Kent factories to installation sites nationwide.
Streetspace projects include canopy structures, covered walkways, glazed buildings, all-weather sports canopies, green roof, tensile membrane structures and metroSTOR street furniture. Typically 3 drops/collections per day with Moffett offload/ load. Modern fleet Volvo FH / 10.3m Urban Curtainside / 13m flats / Manitou TMF
5 days per week Monday to Friday with 50h guaranteed at £17ph. Some Saturdays available with hours over 50h paid at £19.50p/h. Varying start times with 1- 2 nights away per week at £45/night out plus parking paid.
Skills & Experience
- Class 1 Licence Full HGV C+E licence (with no more than 6 points)
- Digi Tachograph Card / CPC
- Plant experience ideal but not essential
- TMF licence or be willing to train for a licence from start.
- Ensure goods and equipment are transported to and from our sites in a safe, efficient manner.
- Ensure compliance with all transport procedures throughout the operation
- Maintain excellent service levels at all times
- Maintain vehicle in perfect order, carrying out daily vehicle checks and reporting any accident or damage to vehicle and equipment
- Assist yard team with Forklift work as and when required.
- Support of a friendly team operating as part of a family-run business
- Top spec trucks with one driver policy
- Paid Breaks
- Weekly Pay
- 24 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Company uniform and PPE provided
- Company mobile phone
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive business with secure long term employment and be part of a team that genuinely works well together then we’d love to hear from you. We fully value the experience of our drivers and their input in route planning and load allocation is invaluable. In return we look for reliability and commitment.
We have a new opportunity for a Commercial Manager to provide commercial support and leadership across our projects, ensuring that commercial governance is established and implemented.
What the Role Involves:
- Responsibility for managing project cost reporting including identification of variances, forecasting and budgetary control.
- Establish and implement appropriate commercial governance, Identifying areas of risk and liaising with the project team to report on and mitigate accordingly.
- Resolve contractual issues with clients and supply chain swiftly and effectively, managing early warning notices and change requests.
- Responsible for project margin returns in-line with business expectations, including accountability for pricing of additional works
- Assist in the development and delivery of robust contract programmes and budgets.
- Responsibility for cashflow with the preparation of accurate applications for payment within contractual timescales.
- Measure, package and procure sub-contracts ensure competitive rates from an increasing network of approved contractors. Procurement of specialist manufacture.
- Ensure prompt processing of payment certificates and invoices with the agreement of variations and final accounts
- Support estimating team in submission of tenders, providing expertise in the development of supplier and sub-contract frameworks.
- A comprehensive level of commercial experience within a contracting organisation.
- Formal qualification, ideally BSC or HND in Quantity Surveying or a relevant commercial/construction subject.
- A member of or working towards an appropriate professional qualification/membership (RICS/CIOB).
- A good decision maker who copes well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence decisions.
Salary & Benefits
Based at our Head Office in Hythe, this is a key position within a fast growing business offering strong career prospects for the right candidate. Competitive salary and benefits, great workspace, facilities and a friendly, open working environment with regular staff events.
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 32 Days Paid Holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Office based with minimal requirement for site visits and travel
Streetspace are currently looking for an additional Welder Fabricator to join the ever-growing manufacturing team at our Poulton Close site in Dover. Working initially on the late shift 2:00pm – 10:00pm. There will be scope to change to 6am – 2:00pm shift over time.
About the Job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be working primarily on MIG welding of mild steel section within a production environment producing canopy structures and street furniture components. The role will require flexibility in performing related duties around the fabrication and sheet metal department as required though no site work is undertaken by the fabrication team. We are looking for candidates suitable to be put through MIG structural codings enabling work to CE marking standards with structural steels.
- Solid experience in MIG Welding ideally within a BS EN 1090 compliant environment.
- Able to read and work from fabrication drawings.
- Able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- A responsible approach to workplace H&S
- First class timekeeping, reliable and consistent
- Team player with a flexible attitude to meet peak volumes
£11.00/hr to £14.50/hr DOE. 40 hours / week Monday to Friday 2.00pm – 10.00pm (2x 30min paid breaks)
24 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays.
Please note due to the volume of applications we cannot always respond to all. However should you be unsuccessful we will keep your CV on file for up to 3 months in case any other suitable positions become available
COVID-19 Secure Workplaces with the required Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of work in place for office, factory and site applications to ensure safe, compliant working environments for all Streetspace staff and contractors
We are looking for additional permanent staff to join the production team at our Lympne Factory, fitting panel sections (timber, recycled plastic, steel and aluminium) and finishing components to our street furniture units, working Monday to Friday on a 7am to 5pm shift.
You will need to be the type of person that has an eye for detail and experienced at working with power tools and motivated to reach target outputs. Physically fit, reliable and with an enthusiastic approach!
About the Job
- Fitting pre-coated, folded steel sheet panels and timber or recycled HDPE slats to steel frames using air and battery powered tools.
- Installing locks, latches and finishing components to unit panels.
- Working in 2 or 3 man teams lifting frames onto work stations and completed panels from work stations into stillages for delivery to site.
- Maintaining work station area safe, clean and in order at end of each shift.
- Physically fit, experienced in manual handling
- Competent using power tools
- Able to follow assembly drawings and load sheets
- Reliable with a good attendance record.
- Able to demonstrate longevity in past employment
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with the self-motivation to achieve target outputs per shift.
£10.20/hr (rising to £11.00hr after completion of 3 month probationary period) 45 hours / week Monday to Friday, 7.00am – 5.00pm with 2no. 30 mins paid breaks and 1no 15 min paid break
24 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays.